To help you find specific information in large spreadsheet files, it is often useful to color code the tabs of worksheets containing related data. Similarly, you can use different colored tabs to differentiate between sheets containing unrelated information.
Related tutorial: Change the Worksheet Tab Color in Excel 2007 / 2010.
To Change the Worksheet Tab Color
- Click on the tab(s) of the worksheets you want to re-color. To select more than one tab hold down the CTRL key on the keyboard and click on each tab with the mouse pointer.
- Choose Format > Sheet > Tab Color to display the Format Tab Color Palette.
- Pick a color.
- Click OK.
- Changing the tab color for one sheet only :
- the sheet name is underlined in the selected color.
- Changing the tab color for more than one sheet:
- the active sheet tab is underlined in the selected color.
- All other sheet tabs display the selected color.