This Excel tip shows you how to apply the Fill Down command in an Excel spreadsheet using a keyboard shortcut.
The key combination that applies the Fill Down command is:
- Ctrl + D
Example: Using Fill Down with a Keyboard Shortcut
For help with this example, see the image above.
- Type a number, such as 395.54 into cell D1 in Excel.
- Press and hold down the Shift key on the keyboard
- Press and hold down the Down Arrow key on the keyboard to extend the cell highlight from cell D1 to D7.
- Release both keys.
- Press and hold down the Ctrl key on the keyboard.
- Press and release the " D " key on the keyboard.
- Cells D2 to D7 should now be filled with the same data as cell D1.
Other Keyboard Shortcuts