This Excel tip covers applying Percent formatting to selected cells in an Excel spreadsheet using a shortcut keys on the keyboard.
The key combination that can be used to apply currency formatting to data is:
- Ctrl + Shift + 5
Example of How to Apply Percent Formatting using Shortcut Keys
For help with this example, see the image above.
- Add the following data to cells A1 to B2: .98, -.34, 1.23, .03
- Drag select cells A1 to B2 to highlight them.
- Press and hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys on the keyboard.
- Press and release the number five key ( 5 ) on the keyboard without releasing the Ctrl and Shift keys.
- In cells A1 to B2 the data should be converted to a percent with the percent sign ( % ) added to the data.