This tutorial covers how to quickly apply currency formatting to selected cells using just the keyboard:
The key combination that can be used to apply currency formatting to data is:
- Ctrl + Shift + 4
Example: Using Shortcut Keys to Apply Currency Formatting
For help with this example, see the image to the right.
- Add the following data to cells A1 to B2: 7.98, 5.67, 2.45, -3.92
- Drag select cells A1 to B2 to highlight them.
- Press and hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys on the keyboard.
- Press and release the number four key ( 4 ) on the keyboard without releasing the Ctrl and Shift keys.
- In cells A1, A2, and B1 the dollar sign ( $ ) should be added to the data.
- In cell B2, because the data is a negative number, it should be red and surrounded by round brackets in addition to having the dollar sign ( $ ) added.
Other Keyboard Shortcuts