This tutorial covers how to quickly hide columns of data in an Excel using just the keyboard.
Related tutorial: Unhide Columns in Excel.
The key combination for hiding columns is:
Ctrl + 0
Example of How to Hide Columns using a Keyboard Shortcut
For help with this example, see the image above.
- Enter the following data into cells D1 to F1: January, February, March.
- Click on cell E1 (February) with the mouse to highlight it.
- Press and hold down the Ctrl key on the keyboard.
- Press and release the " 0 " - the zero ( 0 ) key - without releasing the Ctrl key.
- Column E should now be hidden from view - along with the data (February) it contains in cell E1.
Note: The data in E1 has not been deleted. It can still be referenced in such things as formulas and charts even though it has been hidden.
Other Keyboard Shortcuts