Related tutorial: Adding/Formatting Borders in Excel.
The key combination for adding the time is:
Ctrl +Shift + 7
Example of How to Add Borders using a Keyboard Shortcut
For help with this example, see the image to the right.
- Enter the numbers 1 to 9 into cells D2 to F4.
- Drag select cells D2 to F4 to highlight them.
- Press and hold down the Ctrl and the Shift keys on the keyboard.
- Press and release the number seven key ( 7 ) on the keyboard without releasing the Ctrl and Shift keys.
- Cells D2 to F4 should be surrounded by a black border.
Other Keyboard Shortcuts