This Excel tip shows you how to format the current time (hour, minute, and AM/PM format) in an Excel spreadsheet using a keyboard shortcut.
Formatting the Current Time using a Keyboard Shortcut
- Use the NOW function to add the current date and time to cell D1.
- Click on cell D1 to make it the active cell.
- Press and hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys on the keyboard.
- Press and release the number two ( 2 ) on the keyboard without releasing the Ctrl and Shift keys.
- The NOW function in cell D1 will be formatted to show the current time in the hour, minute, and AM/PM format.
Other Keyboard Shortcuts