This Excel tip shows you how to format the date (day, month, year format) in an Excel spreadsheet using a keyboard shortcut.
Formatting the Date using a Keyboard Shortcut
- Add the desired date to a cell in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Click on the cell to make it the active cell.
- Press and hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys on the keyboard.
- Press and release the number sign key ( # ) on the keyboard without releasing the Ctrl and Shift keys.
- The date in the active cell will be formatted in the day, month, year format.
Other Keyboard Shortcuts