They contain descriptive text such as titles, dates, and/or page numbers. They are used to add information to a spreadsheet that is being printed.
View Headers and Footers
- Headers and footers are not visible in the normal
- To view a header or footer before printing the spreadsheet, use the Print Preview option.
Note: To use Print Preview in Excel, you must have a printer installed on your computer.
Headers and Footers Locations
- A header or footer can contain up to three pieces of information. This information can appear in three locations on the page.
- For headers, the locations are the top left corner, the top center, and the top right corner of the page.
- For footers, the locations are the bottom left corner, the bottom center, and the bottom right corner of the page.
Preset or Custom Headers and Footers
- Excel has several preset headers and footers that you can use.
How to add headers and footers to a worksheet in Excel 2003:
- Choose File > Page Setup from the menu to open the Page Setup dialog box.
- Select the Header-Footer tab.
- Select from the preset or custom header - footer options.
- Create the header or footer.
- Preview in Print Preview.