Adding the Search Criteria
The last step in the tutorial is to add the criteria we want the function to match.
For help with these instructions, see the image above.
- In cell D12 type > 250 and press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- The answer $290,643.00 should appear in cell E12. The criterion of " > 250 " is met in four cells in column D: D4, D5, D8, D9. As a result the numbers in the corresponding cells in column E: E4, E5, E8, E9 are totalled.
- When you click on cell E12, the complete function
=SUMIF (D3:D9, D12, E3:E9) appears in the formula bar above the worksheet.
- To find the sales total for different numbers of order, type the amount, such as < 100 in cell E12 and press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- The total sales for the appropriate number of cells should appear in cell E12.