Adding the Search Criteria and Completing the Tutorial
For help with this example see the image above.
- In cell C12 type East and press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- In cell D12 type >250 and press the Enter key on the keyboard (the " > " is the symbol for greater than in Excel) .
- The answer $74,220 should appear in cell E13.
- Only two records those in rows 4 and 5 match both criteria and, therefore, only the sales totals for those two records are averaged.
- The average of $70,702 and $77,738 is $74,220.
- When you click on cell E12, the complete function
=AVERAGEIFS (E3:E9, C3:C9, C12, D3:D9, D12) appears in the formula bar above the worksheet.