Use Copy and Paste Special to Transfer Tutorial Data to Excel
Note: - This article gives instructions for copying the sample data shown below into an Excel worksheet.
The data accompanies the Excel database functions tutorial series.
- Drag select the data in the table below to highlight it. Be sure to select from the title "Syrup Production" to the number 45 at the bottom of the table
- Choose Edit > Copy from the menu in your web browser
- Open Excel
- Click on cell A1 in the worksheet to make it the active cell
- Click on the Home tab
- Click on the down arrow below the Paste button on the ribbon to open the drop down menu
- Choose Paste Special from the menu to open the Paste Special dialog box
- Choose Paste as Text from the options in the dialog box
Each piece of data should be pasted into a separate cell in the worksheet. The data should fill the range A1 to E11.
Note: After pasting the data into the worksheet, if it does not resemble the image at the top of the database function tutorial you are following (if it appears as one line of data in row 1 for example) try the following:
- Use Excel's UNDO feature to remove the data from the worksheet.
- Repeat steps 6 to 8 above to paste the data as text into the worksheet.
Data for the Excel Database Functions Tutorial Series