Related Article: Sort Data in Excel 2007
- Sort in ascending order - A to Z alphabetically or smallest to largest for number data.
- Sort in descending order - Z to A alphabetically or largest to smallest for number data.
Example: Sort Data in Excel 2003
Note: For help on these steps, refer to the image above.
This tip involves using icons located on the Standard toolbar, which is normally located at the top of the Excel 2003 screen. If it is not present, this article, Finding Excel Toolbars can help you locate it.
- Enter the following data into cells A1 to A6: 40, 20, 30, 60, 5, 25.
- Drag select cells A1 to A6 to highlight them.
- Click on Sort Ascending icon on the Standard Toolbar.
- The data in cells A1 to A6 should now be in this order:
5, 20, 25, 30, 40, 60.
Additional sorting options - including sorting by more than one column heading - can be found by clicking on Data > Sort... in the menus.