Calculating employee deductions
Note: For help on these steps, refer to the image above.
- Click on cell C9.
- Type the following: = B9 * C6
- Press the F4 key on the keyboard to add dollar signs ( $ ) around C6 in the formula.
- The formula in the formula bar should now read: = B9 * $C$6.
- Press the ENTER key on the keyboard.
- The dollar signs make C6 into an absolute cell reference which simplifies copying this formula to other cells.
Calculating net salary
- Click on cell D9.
- Type in the formula = B9 - C9 and press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Because the data used in the net salary formula is laid out differently than the data used in the deduction formula, we do not need to use absolute cell references in the net salary formula.
- Additional formula information:
MS Works Spreadsheets Formulas
Return to Index page