Adding the Date with the NOW Function
Note: For help on these steps, refer to the image above.
It is normal to add the date to a spreadsheet. Built into Works are a number of DATE functions that can be used to do this. In this tutorial we will use the NOW function.
- Click on cell C4.
- Select cell B12 in the spreadsheet.
- Type = NOW ( )
- Press the ENTER key on the keyboard.
- A number, such as 39164.716, should appear in cell B12. This number is known as the serial date.
Formatting the Serial Date
- Select cell B12 in the
- Click on Format > Number.. in the menus to open the Format Cells dialog box.
- Click on Date in the Select format type window.
- Click on the first option (8/24/2000) in the Set date format window.
- Click OK
- The date should now formatted in the mm/dd/yyyy format.
Return to Index page