Creating a Named Range
A second advantage for using a named range is that the cell references for this range never change even when the formula is copied to other cells in the worksheet.
- Highlight cells D5 to G8 in the worksheet to select them
- Click on the Name Box located above column A
- Type "table" (no quotes) in the Name Box
- Press the ENTER key on the keyboard
- Cells D5 to G8 now have the range name of "table". We will use the name for the VLOOKUP table array argument later in the tutorial