Copying the Nested IF Function using the Fill Handle
Since our data is laid out in a regular pattern, we can copy the IF function in cell F7 to the other four cells.
To copy down our function we will use the Fill Handle.
For help with these instructions, click on the image above.
- Click on cell F7 to make it the active cell.
- Place the mouse pointer over the black square in the bottom right corner. The pointer will change to a plus sign " + ".
- Click the left mouse button and drag the fill handle down to cell F11.
- Release the mouse button. Cells F8 to F11 will be filled with the results of the IF function.
- If you have followed the steps of this tutorial your worksheet should resemble the example on page 1 of this tutorial.
Return to Index page