Use Copy and Paste Special to Transfer Tutorial Data to an Excel Worksheet
- Drag select the data in the table below to highlight all of it. Be sure to select the entire table - including the empty cells in the bottom right corner.
- Choose Edit > Copy from the menu in your web browser.
- Open Excel 2007 / 2010.
- Click on cell D1 in the worksheet to make it the active cell.
- Click on the Home tab.
- Click on the down arrow below the Paste button on the ribbon to open the drop down menu.
- Choose Paste Special from the menu to open the Paste Special dialog box.
- Choose Paste as Text from the options in the dialog box.
- Your may have to widen columns in order to see all of the data.
Each piece of data should be pasted into a separate cell in the worksheet. The data should fill the range D1 to F6.
If your data does not end up in cells D1 to F6 it probably means you didn't use Paste Special correctly. Use Excel's Undo feature to remove the data and then try steps 4 to 8 above again.
Tutorial Data for the Excel 2007 IF Function Step by Step Tutorial
|Deduction Calculations For Employees|
|Deduction Rate|| |
|$30,000 to $49,999:||8%|| |
|Smith B.||$45,987|| |
|Wilson C.||$23,412|| |
|Thompson J.||$67,265|| |
|James R.||$27,354|| |
|Ramirez A.||$34,678|| |