- if multiple cell references in a formula are separated by a space instead of a mathematical operator such as a plus sign ( + ).
- if the start and end points of cell ranges are not separated by a colon ( : )
Solution: Separate multiple cell references correctly.
- use a comma is correctly used to separate cells in a function e.g. = SUM(D1, D2, D3, D4)
- the start and end points of a range in a function are correctly separated by a colon ( : ) e.g. = SUM(D1:D4).
- a mathematical operator, such as a plus or minus sign is used to separate cell references in a formula e.g. = D1 + D2 + D3 + D4.