Using Excel Auto Fill
To make our freeze pane demonstration a little more dramatic, we will quickly enter some data using Auto Fill so that the effect of freezing panes is easier to see.
Note: The tutorial Customizing Excel Auto Fill shows you how to add your own lists to Auto Fill.
- Type "January" in cell D3 and press the ENTER key on the keyboard.
- Select cell D3 and use the fill handle in the bottom right corner of cell D3 to auto fill the months of the year ending with October in cell M3.
- Type "Monday" in cell C4 and press the ENTER key.
- Select cell C4 and use the fill handle to auto fill the days of the week ending with Tuesday in cell C12.
- Type a number "1" in cell D4 and a "2" in cell D5.
- Select both cells D4 and D5.
- Use the fill handle in cell D5 to auto fill down to cell D12
- Release the mouse button.
- Use the fill handle in cell D12 to auto fill across to cell M12.