Related Article: Unhide A Worksheet in Excel
As with all things Microsoft, there is more than one way to hide a worksheet in an Excel worksheet.
These instructions cover how to hide a worksheet using the Format button on the ribbon in Excel 2007 and Excel 2010.
When you hide a worksheet, data in that worksheet can still be used and referenced in formulas and functions in other worksheets.
Example: Hide a Single Worksheet in Excel
Note: For help with this example, see the image above.
- Click on the tab of the worksheet you wish to hide to make it the current worksheet (the worksheet visible on screen).
- Click on the Home tab.
- Click on the Format icon on the ribbon to open the Format drop down menu.
- Under the Visibility section of the drop down menu, choose the Hide / Unhide option to open the sub menu.
- Under the Hide / Unhide sub menu, click on the Hide Sheet option to hide the current worksheet.
- The worksheet should disappear from view.
Example: Hide Multiple Worksheets in Excel
- Click on the tab of the first worksheet you wish to hide with the mouse pointer.
- Press and hold down the CTL key on the keyboard.
- Click on the tab of a second worksheet you wish to hide with the mouse pointer.
- The tabs of both worksheets should be highlighted.
- Follow steps 2 to 6 above to hide the worksheets.