As with all things Microsoft, there is more than one way to add rows to an Excel worksheet. These instructions show you how to insert rows by right clicking on the row header.
The row header is the gray bar along the left edge of the worksheet containing the row numbers.
Insert Rows to an Excel Worksheet
When you insert a row to a worksheet, the rows of data below the insertion point are pushed down.
To insert more than one row, select more than one row in the row header. For example, if you want to add two rows, select two rows in the row header.
To insert a single row
- Right click on the row header below where you want the new row added to open the right click context menu.
- Choose Insert from the menu.
- The new row will be inserted above the row you selected.
To insert multiple rows
- In the row header, select the number of rows you want added to the worksheet.
- Right click on the selected rows.
- Choose Insert from the context menu.
- The new rows will be inserted above the rows you first selected.