Example using Excel's wrap text feature:
For help with this example, see the image to the right.
- In cell D1 type the text: Monthly Income and press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Since the text is too long for the cell, it should spill over into the cell E1.
- In cell E1 type the text: Monthly Expenses and press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- By entering data into E1 the label in cell D1 should be cut off at the end of cell D1. As well, the text in E1 should spill over into the cell to the right.
- To correct the problems with these labels, drag select cells D1 and E1 on the spreadsheet to highlight them.
- Click on the Home tab.
- Click on the Wrap Text button on the ribbon.
- The labels in cells D1 and E1 should now both be fully visible with the text broken into two lines with no spill over into adjacent cells.