You can use the fill handle to add a series of numbers to an Excel spreadsheet.
To do so, you need to enter enough data to show Excel the pattern - such as counting by two's that you want to use.
Once you have done this, the fill handle can be used to repeat the series as often as needed.
Example Using the Fill Handle to Add a Series of Data:
Note: For help with this example, see the image to the right.
- Type the number 2 in cell D2 and press ENTER on the keyboard.
- Type the number 4 in cell D3 and press ENTER on the keyboard.
- Drag select cells D2 and D3 to highlight them.
- Click and hold down the mouse pointer on the fill handle in the bottom right corner of the cell D3.
- Drag the fill handle down to cell D6.
- Cells D2 to D6 should contain the numbers : 2, 4, 6, 8, 10.