Enter the Tutorial Data
When entering the data into an Excel worksheet, there are some general rules to follow:
- Leaving blank rows and columns in data tables can make it difficult to use a number of Excel's functions - including HLOOKUP.
- When laying out your worksheet, list the names describing the data in the first row of the table and, to the beneath that, the data itself.
- If there is more than one data series, list them one after the other in rows with the title for each data series in the first cell at the left.
For this tutorial
Note: For help with these instructions, see the image above.
- Enter the data as seen in the image above into cells D4 to I5.
- The first row of data (row 4) contains the part names. The second row (row 5) the price of each part.