Entering the VLOOKUP Array Tutorial Data
When entering the data into an Excel worksheet, there are some general rules to follow to make it easier to use the VLOOKUP array formula:
- Leaving blank rows and columns in data tables can make it difficult to use a number of Excel's functions - including VLOOKUP.
- When laying out your worksheet, list the names describing the data in the first column of the table and, to the right of that, the data itself.
- If there is more than one data series, list them one after the other in columns with the title for each data series at the top.
- If you are unfamiliar with sorting data in Excel, here is a tutorial to help you out.
- Enter the data as seen in the image above into cells D4 to G10. If entered correctly the data will be sorted in ascending order by the first column.