Use Copy and Paste Special to Transfer Tutorial Data to an Excel 2007 Worksheet
- Drag select the data in the table below to highlight it. Be sure to select from "Part" in the top left cell to "Widgets Inc." in the bottom right cell of the table.
- Choose Edit > Copy from the menu in your web browser.
- Open Excel 2007.
- Click on cell D4 in the worksheet to make it the active cell.
- Click on the Home tab.
- Click on the down arrow below the Paste button on the ribbon to open the drop down menu.
- Choose Paste Special from the menu to open the Paste Special dialog box.
- Choose Paste as Text from the options in the dialog box.
Each piece of data should be pasted into a separate cell in the worksheet. The data should fill the range D4 to G10.
If your data does not end up in cells D4 to G10 it probably means you didn't use Paste Special . Use Excel's Undo feature to remove the data and then try steps 4 to 8 above again.
Tutorial Data for How to Use Excel VLOOKUP in an Array Formula
|Bearing||$17.34||PN-34534||The B & G Co.|
|Gear||$23.56||PN-24123||The B & G Co.|
|Cog||$20.21||PN-34241||The Cog Shop|
|Bolt||$1.54||PN-65453||The Bolt Store|