The Range Lookup Argument
The range lookup value is a logical value (TRUE or FALSE only) that indicates whether you want VLOOKUP to find an exact or an approximate match to the lookup value.
- If TRUE or if this argument is omitted, VLOOKUP will use an approximate match if it cannot find an exact match to the lookup_value. If an exact match is not found, VLOOKUP uses the next largest lookup value.
- If FALSE, VLOOKUP will only use an exact match to the lookup value. If there are two or more values in the first column of table_array that match the lookup value, the first value found is used. If an exact match is not found, an #N/A error is returned.
- Click on the Range_lookup line in the dialog box
- Type the word False in this line to indicate that we want VLOOKUP to return an exact match for the data we are seeking.
- Click OK to close dialog box and complete the VLOOKUP function.
- If you have followed all the steps of this tutorial you will have a complete VLOOKUP function in cell E2.