The VLOOKUP Dialog Box
- Click on cell D1 and type the title Part Name.
- Click on cell E1 and type the title Price.
- Click on cell E2 - the location where the results - in this case, the price of a cog - will be displayed.
- Click on the Formulas tab.
- Choose Lookup & Reference from the ribbon to open the function drop down list.
- Click on VLOOKUP in the list to bring up the function's dialog box.
The data that we enter into the four blank rows of the dialog box will form the arguments for the VLOOKUP function. These arguments tell the function what information we are after and where it should search to find it.