Entering the Logical Test Argument
In this tutorial we are comparing the value in cell E6 with the threshold salary of $30,000. Between these two amounts we place a comparison operator. Since we want to know if E6 is less than $30,000, we will use the Less Than operator " < " .
A list of the comparison operators that can be used with the IF function can be found in the last step of the tutorial.
- Click on the Logical_test line in the dialog box
- Click on cell E6 to add this cell reference to the Logical_test line.
- Type the less than key " < " on the keyboard.
- Type 30000 after the less than symbol.
- Note: Do not enter the dollar sign ( $ ) or a comma separator ( , ) with the above amount. An Invalid error message will appear at the end of the Logical_test line if either of these symbols are entered along with the data.
- The completed logical test should read: E6