Parts of the Excel IF function
Inside the round brackets there are three parts or arguments to an IF Function.
- the logic test - in this tutorial it is A3 > B3
- the value if true - in this tutorial it is "A is larger"
- the value if false - in this tutorial it is "B is larger"
Between each argument of the IF function, the comma is used as a separator. The comma is what tells Excel when each argument of IF function ends and the next section begins.
Therefore, as we complete the IF function, we will add two separators
- one between the logical test and the “value if true” arguments
- one between the “value if true” and the “value if false” arguments.