The syntax for AutoMIN is the same as the MIN function.
= MIN ( Number1, Number2, ... Number255 )
Up to 255 numbers can be entered into the function.
Excel's AutoMIN Feature Example
For help with this example, see the image above.
- Enter the following data into cells C1 to C6:
11, 14, 16, 13, 15, 12
- Make sure that cell C7 - the location where the results will be displayed is blank.
- Drag select cells C1 to C6 in the spreadsheet.
- Click on the Home tab.
- Click on the down arrow beside the AutoSum button on the ribbon to open the drop down menu.
- Click on the word MIN in the menu to enter the MIN function into cell C7.
- The answer 11 should appear in cell C7 since it is the smallest number in the list of data.
- Click on cell C7 and the complete function = MIN (C1 : C6) appears in the formula bar above the worksheet.