The syntax for AutoMAX is the same as the MAX function.
= MAX ( Number1, Number2, ... Number255 )
Up to 255 numbers can be entered into the function.
Example Find the Largest number in a range of Data
- Enter the following data into cells C1 to C6:
11, 14, 16, 13, 15, 12
- Make sure that cell C7 - the location where the results will be displayed is blank
- Highlight cells C1 to C6 in the
- Click on the Home tab of the ribbon
- At the far right end of the ribbon, click on the down arrow beside the AutoSum button on the to open the drop down menu
- Click on the word MAX in the menu to enter the MAX function into cell C7
- The answer 16 should appear in cell C7 since it is the largest number in the list of data
- Click on cell C7 and the complete function = MAX (C1 : C6) appears in the formula bar above the worksheet