Advanced Tutorials in Excel and Other Spreadsheets
By Ted French
The tutorials listed here include how to create array formulas and nested functions. An array formula can perform multiple calculations on one or more cells of data. Nested functions refers to one or more functions being placed inside another. Doing this extends the capabilities of the formula.
- Multi Cell Array Formula Step by Step Tutorial
- Single Cell Array Formula Step by Step Tutorial
- Lookup with Multiple Criteria Array Formula Tutorial
- Excel SUM IF Array Formula Tutorial
- Nested Functions in Excel
Excel's LOOKUP Functions
In large tables or lists of data in Excel you can use lookup functions to find specific data or entire records quickly and easily.
- Excel VLOOKUP Step by Step Tutorial
- Excel HLOOKUP Step by Step Tutorial
- Lookup Multiple Criteria in Excel
- Excel Two Way Lookup Using VLOOKUP
- Find Multiple Fields of Data with Excel VLOOKUP
Working with Dates in Excel
Dates are very important in spreadsheet programs like Excel. Most spreadsheets make use of dates in some way. The tutorials below list a number of date-related tutorials, each or which includes a step by step example.
- Sort by Date, Finding Dates with Conditional Formatting and More
- Subtract Dates in Excel
- Excel Date Functions - Calculate the Number of Days Between Dates
- Excel Date Functions - Adding the Date to a Spreadsheet
Tutorials cover how to create a database in Excel as well as a number of Excel's data tools. These tools include using a form to simplify data entry, sorting and filtering data, removing duplicate records, and creating drop down lists.
- Excel Database and List Tutorials
- Excel Pivot Table Tutorials
- Excel Data Entry Form for Excel Databases Tutorials
- Excel Sorting Tutorials
- Excel Drop Down List Tutorials
- Excel Database Functions
- Remove Duplicate Data Records in Excel
- Excel Subtotal Tutorials
Covered in this section are tools such as protecting worksheets, conditional formatting, as well as Add-Ins and templates that can help to make using Excel as straightforward and as painless as possible.
- Protect Data in Excel Pt. 1
- Protect Data in Excel Pt. 2
- Excel Freeze Panes
- Excel Conditional Formatting Tutorials
- Using Goal Seek in Excel
Other Advanced Topics
Topics include creating macros and using pivot tables in Excel.
- Excel Macro Tutorial
- Excel 2003 Macro Tutorial
- Create Excel Pivot Tables (Video)
- Create a Template in Excel
- Create a Formatting Style in Excel
- Copy a Formatting Style in Excel
- Excel 2007 Custom Header
- Excel 2007 Custom Footer
- Excel 2007 Options Button
Excel 2003 Tools
Covered in this section are features such freeze panes, protecting worksheets, as well as Add-Ins and templates that can help to make using Excel as straightforward and as painless as possible.
- Freeze Panes in Excel 2003
- Excel 2003 Conditional Formatting
- Excel 2003 Data Entry Form
- Customizing Excel 2003 Auto Fill Handle
- More Excel 2003 Charts
Excel 2003 Videos
Videos on advanced topics in Microsoft Excel 2003. A full transcript is provided so you can follow the training videos on your own.
- Create Excel Pivot Tables
- Export Data From an Excel Sheet to a Word Document
- Excel Lists- Remove Duplicates