Adding a Formula to Calculate Total Income
Related Tutorial: Excel Formulas Overview
The Total Income formula will add an employee's Yearly Salary to his Bonus.
For help on these steps, refer to the image above.
- Click on cell D8 - the location where we want the formula's answer to appear.
- Type an equal sign ( = ) to let Excel know that we are creating a formula.
- Click on cell B8 to enter that cell reference into the formula.
- Type a plus sign ( + ), since we are adding the two amounts.
- Click on cell C8 to enter that cell reference into the formula.
- Press the ENTER key on the keyboard to complete the formula.
- The answer 50367.9 should appear in cell D8.
- When you click on cell D8 the formula = B8 + C8 should be visible in the formula bar above the worksheet.
- We will copy this formula to cells C9 to C11 in a later step in the tutorial.
- Save your worksheet.
Return to Index page