Excel Data Entry
- Click on the cell where you want the data to go.
- Type your data into the cell.
- Press the ENTER key on the keyboard or click on another cell with the mouse to complete the entry and move to another cell.
For help on these steps, refer to the image above.
To follow this tutorial, enter the data listed below into a blank spreadsheet using the following steps:
- Open a blank Excel spreadsheet file.
- Select the cell indicated by the cell reference provided.
- Type the corresponding data into the selected cell.
- Press the ENTER key on the keyboard or click on the next cell in the list with the mouse.
- When finished entering the data save your worksheet.
Note: After entering the data, some of it may not be entirely visible because the default cell width is too narrow. We will change column widths in Part 2 of the tutorial to correct this problem.
Cell Data A2 - Deduction Calculations for Employees A5 - Name A6 - Smith B. A7 - Wilson C. A8 - Thompson J. A9 - James D. B3 - Deduction Rate: B5 - Yearly Salary B6 - 45789 B7 - 41245 B8 - 39876 B9 - 43211 C3 - 0.06 C5 - Bonus C6 - 4578.90 C7 - 4124.50 C8 - 3987.60 C9 - 4321.10 D5 - Total Salary E5 - Deduction F5 - Net Salary
Return to Index page