Related Tutorials: Excel Keyboard Shortcuts
The key combination that can be used to show formulas is:
Ctrl + `
Show Formulas using Shortcut Keys
- Press and hold down the Ctrl key on the keyboard
- Press and release the
grave accent key ( ` ) key on the keyboard without releasing the Ctrl key
- Release the Ctrl key
The grave accent key is located next to the number 1 key on the top left corner of the keyboard and looks like a backwards apostrophe.
About Show formulas
- Show formulas does not change the spreadsheet, only the way it is displayed.
- Makes it easy to find cells containing formulas
- It allows you to quickly read through all formulas to check for errors
- When you click on a formula, Excel outlines in color the cell references used in the formula. This helps you to trace the data being used in a formula.
- Print spreadsheets with show formulas turned on. Doing so, will allow you to search a spreadsheet for hard to find errors.