Change All Column Widths in a Worksheet Using the Menus
- Click on the Select All button at the top of the row header to highlight all columns in the current worksheet.
- Choose Format > Column > Width from the menus to bring up the Column width dialog box.
- Columns are measured in character widths. The default column width is 8.43 characters.
- If the Column width dialog box is empty it means that some columns in your worksheet are wider than others.
- To make all columns wider than the default, enter a number larger than the 8.43 and click OK.
- To make all columns narrower than the default, enter a number smaller than 8.43 and click OK.