Related Tutorial: Excel Autoformat.The Quick Access Toolbar is used to store shortcuts to frequently used features in Excel . It is also where you can add the shortcuts to Excel features that are not available on the ribbon.
One of these features is Autoformat.
Autoformat is a quick and easy way to give your spreadsheet a professional look by applying several formatting options, such as background color, font style, and number formatting at one time.
Since Excel 2007, Autoformat has not been available for access on one of the tabs of the ribbon.
To access the feature's icon, it first needs to be added to the Quick Access Toolbar.
This is a onetime operation. Once added, the Autoformat button remains available on the Quick Access Toolbar.
Add the Autoformat Button to the Quick Access Toolbar
For help with these steps, see the image above.
- Click on down arrow at the end of the Quick Access Toolbar to open the drop down menu.
- Choose More Commands from the list to open the Customize the Quick Access Toolbar dialog box.
- Click on down arrow at the end of the Choose commands from line to open the drop down menu.
- Choose All Commands from the list to see all the commands available in Excel in the left hand pane.
- Scroll through this alphabetical list to find the Autoformat command.
- Click on Add button between the command panes to add the Autoformat button to the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Click OK.
- The Autoformat button should now be added to the Quick Access Toolbar.
More Formatting Tutorials