Note: For help with these instructions, see the image example above.
Although there are many options under the six tabs for modifying the appearance of your chart in this step, we will only be adding titles to our chart.
All parts of an Excel chart can be modified after you have completed the Chart Wizard, so it is not necessary to make all of your formatting options right now.
For this tutorial
- Click on the titles tab at the top of the dialog box.
- In the Chart title box, type the title Average January Temperature.
- In the Category (X) axis box, type City Name.
- In the Category (Y) axis box, type mm for millimeters.
- When the chart in the preview window looks right, click Next.
Note: As you type the titles, they should be added to the preview window to the right