In Excel such moves are easily accomplished by using the program's cut and paste options.
Example using Excel's cut and paste options:
For help with this example, see the image above.
- Type the number 101 in cell A1 and press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- Click on cell A1 to make it the active cell.
- Click on the Cut button on the Home tab.
- Cell A1 will be surrounded by the Marching Ants to show that the data in the cell is being moved.
- Click on cell B1 - the destination cell for the moved data.
- Click on the Paste button on the Home tab.
- The number "101" should appear in cell B1 and cell A1 should be empty.
Follow these same steps to move data to different worksheets or different workbooks.