Adding the Date
It is normal to add the date to a spreadsheet. Built into Excel 2007 are a number of DATE functions that can be used to do this. In this tutorial we will use the TODAY function.
- Click on cell C4.
- Click on the Formulas tab.
- Click on the Date & Time option on the ribbon to open the list of date functions.
- Click on the Today function.
- Click OK on the Functions Arguments dialog box.
- Today's date should be added to the spreadsheet
Adding a Named Range
- Select cell C6 in the worksheet.
- Click on the
- Type "rate" (no quotes) in the Name Box.
- Cell C6 now has the name of "rate". We will use the name to simplify creating formulas in the next step.