This tutorial covers basic information for entering data into Excel. It is intended for those just getting started with spreadsheet programs.
Although the tutorial is written using Excel, the tutorial information can also be applied to other spreadsheet programs such as Open Office Calc and Google Docs Spreadsheets.
Click on the links below to read specific information.
- Plan your spreadsheet - Before you start to type
- How to Enter Data into a Spreadsheet - Doing the Excel three - step
- Cells and cell references in Excel - Keeping track of where your data is going
- Using AutoComplete to Enter Data - Getting help from Excel
- Types of data in Excel - Text and Numbers
- Getting around your spreadsheet quickly - Shortcut keys
- Editing data in a cell - Updating data and fixing those mistakes