Print Gridlines and Headings
These features are not, however, automatically enabled in Excel. This step of the tutorial covers how to enable both features in Excel 2007.
Steps to Printing Gridlines and Headings in Excel
Note: For help with these instructions see the image above.
- Open a worksheet that contains data or quickly add data to the first four or five columns and rows of a blank worksheet.
- Click on the Page Layout tab.
- Check the Print box under the Gridlines heading on the ribbon to activate the feature.
- Check the Print box under Headings to activate this feature as well.
- Click on the print preview icon on the Quick Access Toolbar to preview your worksheet before printing it.
- The gridlines appear as dotted lines outlining the cells containing data in print preview.
- The row numbers and column letters for those cells containing data will also be present along the top and left side of the worksheet in print preview.