Entering Data into Excel 2003
- Click on the cell where you want the data to go.
- Type your data into the cell.
- Press the ENTER key on the keyboard or click on another cell with the mouse.
To follow this tutorial, enter the data listed below into a blank spreadsheet using the following steps:
- Open a blank Excel spreadsheet file.
- Select the cell indicated by the cell reference provided.
- Type the corresponding data into the selected cell.
- Press the Enter key on the keyboard or click on the next cell in the list with the mouse.
A2 - Deduction Calculations for Employees A8 - Last Name A9 - Smith B. A10 - Wilson C. A11 - Thompson J. A12 - James D.
B4 - Date: B6 - Deduction Rate: B8 - Gross Salary B9 - 45789 B10 - 41245 B11 - 39876 B12 - 43211
C6 - .06 C8 - Deduction D8 - Net Salary