Related article: Excel 2007 Spreadsheet Print Options.The Quick Access Toolbar is used to store shortcuts to frequently used features in Excel 2007. It is also where you can add the shortcuts to Excel features that are not available on the ribbon in Excel 2007.
Adding Print Options to the Quick Access Toolbar
Three Print Options available on the Quick Access Toolbar are Quick Print, Print List, and Print Preview.
Before using them, it may be necessary to add them to the toolbar before you can use them.
To add shortcuts to the Quick Access Toolbar:
Note: For help with these steps, see the image above.
- Click on the down arrow at the end of the toolbar
- Click on an item in the list, such as Quick Print to add it to the toolbar.
Of the above three print options, two of them - Print Preview and Quick Print - are normally found in the drop down list of additional icons for the Quick Access Toolbar.
The third option, Print List does not normally appear in the toolbar's drop down list and must be added using the More Commands option found near the bottom of the drop down list.
Using More Commands to Customize the Quick Access Toolbar
- Click on down arrow at the end of the Quick Access Toolbar to open the drop down menu.
- Choose More Commands from the list to open the Customize the Quick Access Toolbar dialog box.
- Click on down arrow at the end of the Choose commands from line to open the drop down menu.
- Choose All Commands from the list to see all the commands available in Excel 2007 in the left hand pane.
- Scroll through this alphabetical list to find the Print List command.
- Click on Add button between the command panes to add the Print List button to the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Click OK.
- The Print List button should now be added to the Quick Access Toolbar.
Additional print options, such as print gridlines, can also be added to the Quick Access Toolbar. Repeat the above instructions to add additional print options to the toolbar.