Related Article: Excel 2007 Spreadsheet Print Options
These features are not, however, automatically enabled in Excel. This article shows you how to enable both features in Excel 2007.
How to Print Gridlines and Headings in Excel
Note: For help with this example, see the image to the right.
- Open a worksheet that contains data or quickly add data to the first four or five columns and rows of a blank worksheet.
- Click on the Page Layout tab.
- Check the Print box under Gridlines on the ribbon in order to activate the feature.
- Check the Print box under Headings in order to activate this feature as well.
- Click on the print preview button on the Quick Access Toolbar in order to preview your worksheet before printing it.
- The gridlines appear as dotted lines outlining the cells containing data in print preview.
- The row numbers and column letters for those cells containing data will also be present along the top and left side of the worksheet in print preview.