Adding Data to the Pivot Table
Note: For help with these instructions see the image example above.
You have two choices when it comes to adding data to the Pivot Table:
- Drag the field names from the Pivot Table Field List panel and drop them on the Pivot Table in the worksheet.
- Drag the field names to the bottom of the Pivot Table Field List panel and drop them in the data areas.
The data areas in the Pivot Table Field List panel are linked to corresponding areas of the pivot table. As you add the field names to the data areas, your data is added to the pivot table.
Depending on which fields are placed in which data area, different results can be obtained.
- Drag the field names to these data areas:
- Total Sales to the Report Filter area
- Region to the Column Labels area
- Sales Rep to the Row Labels area
- Orders to the Values area
Return to Index page