Starting the Drop Down List
All data validation options in Excel, including drop down lists, are set using the data validation dialog box.
The data validation dialog box is located under the data tab of the ribbon.
- Click on the Sheet 1 tab at the bottom of the screen to switch to sheet 1
- Click on cell E1 to make it the active cell - this is where the drop down list will be located
- Click on the Data tab of the ribbon menu above the worksheet
- Click on the Data Validation icon on the ribbon to open the drop down menu
- Click on the Data Validation option in the menu to open the Data Validation dialog box