Creating a Named Range for the List Data
A named range allows you to refer to a specific range of cells in an Excel workbook.
Named ranges have many uses in Excel including using them in formulas and when creating charts.
In all cases, a named range is used in place of a range of cell references indicating the location of data in a worksheet.
When used in a drop down list, the named range is used as the source for the list items.
- Drag select cells A1 - A4 on Sheet 2.
- Click on the Name Box located above column A
- Type "cookies" (no quotes) in the Name Box
- Press the ENTER key on the keyboard
- Cells A1 to A4 on sheet 2 now have the range name of "cookies"
- Save your worksheet