Create the table
Once the data has been entered, it can be converted into a table. To do so:
- Drag select the
cells A3 to E13 in the spreadsheet.
- Click on the Home tab.
- Click on the Format as Table option on the ribbon to open the drop down menu.
- Choose the blue Table Style Medium 9 option to open the Format as Table dialog box.
- While the dialog box is open, cells A3 to E13 on the worksheet should be surrounded by the marching ants.
- If the marching ants surround the correct range of cells, click Ok in the Format as Table dialog box.
- If the marching ants do not surround the correct range of cells, drag select the correct range in the spreadsheet and then click Ok in the Format as Table dialog box.
- The table should have the drop down arrows added beside each field name and the table rows should be formatted in alternating light and dark blue.